We were so thrilled this past week when one of our friends, Cristina Proano-Carrion, posted this cool fall recipe for a ginger pumpkin protein smoothie on our HL&S LinkedIn group .
Cristina is an aromatherapy expert, who notes that the benefits of ginger essential oil include anti-inflammatory, antioxidants, and digestive aid. Pumpkin is a fantastic source of beta-carotene.
Christina says to mix the following together in a blender:
- ¼ small pumpkin baked
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 scoop protein powder
- 2 drops ginger essential oil
- cinnamon powder
- brown sugar to taste
How to bake the pumpkin
- Preheat the oven on 350 F.
- Seed and cut 1 small pumpkin in 4.
- Place pumpkin, face up, in a shallow baking dish. Sprinkle with a little cinnamon
- Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes, or until pumpkin is very tender.
- You can put the pumpkin pieces in a container and store it in the refrigerator; you will only need 1 quarter pumpkin for each smoothie.
Join our group to contribute more to discussions like this. We’d love to know how it worked out. Enjoy!!