‘Spice Up’ Your Sex Life
Melissa Wiliams, Freelance Writer | Co-Owner, Yoga Junction
There are foods that boost your libido, and others that do everything to kill it. When you’re looking to get in the mood, be sure to spice up your routine with the below 6 spices…
1. Nutmeg. Who knew that this pumpkin-pie flavored spice could increase arousal? Nutmeg may increase the nervous system, heightening sensory stimulation. Try nutmeg on your toast, in a butternut squash soup, or add some to your oatmeal. Nutmeg also tastes good in tea.
2. Maca root. Maca root is hard to find in its raw form, but you can easily find it in the tea/supplement section. Some experts suggest it may help decrease anxiety and therefore increase libido.
3. Saffron. This beautiful orange/yellow herb found in Spanish dishes like paella offers antioxidant qualities and also increases sex drive. Look for the herb to add to rice. A little goes a long way.
4. Fennel. This licorice-flavored herb is found in Indian cuisine as well as some Mediterranean dishes and is believed to increase a woman’s libido.
5. Ginger. Ginger increases blood flow (as does garlic) which helps rev up your sexual response.
6. Ginseng. This Chinese herb can be used in a tonic, or you can find supplements (talk to your doctor first). We recommend a ginseng-infused tea that not only boosts your focus but increases arousal