Quiz source: www.helpguide.org
Curious about your emotional intelligence? See how you do on this checklist and also 5 key skills to raise your EQ.
Can you recognize your own emotions as you experience them? Many of us are not aware when we are angry, sad, depressed, or afraid. We’ve forgotten what it feels like to be calm, relaxed and alert.
How do you respond to a stressful situation? Do you freeze? Blow up? Shut down? Knowing this will help you choose your response, rather than be a victim to an unconscious habit.
Can you read and understand the emotions of others? If you accept that others have the right to their own thoughts and feelings, you may not be threatened or irritated by them.
How about conflict? EQ helps everyone involved feel safe and able to express emotions without the situation become destructive.
Developing emotional intelligence through five key skills to raise your EQ:
- skill 1: The ability to quickly reduce stress.
- skill 2: The ability to recognize and manage your emotions.
- skill 3: The ability to connect with others using nonverbal communication.
- skill 4: The ability to use humor and play to deal with challenges.
- skill 5: The ability to resolve conflicts positively and with confidence.