- 1 long, fresh baguette
- real butter
- arugula and/or baby spring greens
- fresh, tart apple slices (we love Haralsons)
- cinnamon and sugar
- ginger jam
- Apple Jack cheese or regular Monterey Jack cheese (cut into star shapes)
- red pepper flakes
- coarse sea salt (optional)
- Cut baguette into 1-inch thick slices. Toast them if desired.
- Spread each slice with a little butter.
- Top with some greens (not too many, a few leaves will do,) followed by a thin slice of apple, a sprinkle of cinnamon and sugar, a about 2 teaspoons of ginger jam, a cheese star, and finally a sprinkle of the pepper flakes.
- Salt a little, if you prefer.
Recipe courtesy of ChinDeep