Recipe courtesy of Sumptuous Spoonfuls
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 1 serving
Serving Size: 1 mini frittata
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tablespoon Sundried Tomato Pesto
- Salt & pepper
- 1 cup kale leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 – 2/3 cup shredded Fontina cheese (or other good melt-y cheese)
- For the top: Snipped green onion
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, sprinkle with salt & fresh-ground pepper, then whisk in the sundried tomato pesto until well mixed.
- Put the kale leaves in a small mixing bowl, drizzle olive oil over, then “massage” the oil into the leaves.This softens the kale. Put the kale in a frying pan or small saucepan with a teaspoon or two of water, cover and cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until wilted.
- Rub a bit of olive oil over the bottom and sides of a mini-skillet pan, add the kale, then pour the eggs over top. Sprinkle with the cheese. Cover and heat over medium-low heat for about 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the eggs are set. Sprinkle with snipped green onion and enjoy!
- This recipe is about enough to feed one person, but you can easily double or triple it and cook it in a bigger skillet to feed a family. I had it for 2nd breakfast, but it makes a lovely dinner too.
Some Related Articles Related To Fontina :
Healing Lifestyles & Spas mission is to help our readers to live mindfully, eat joyfully, spa consciously.
Latest posts by Healing Lifestyles & Spas Team (see all)
- Zen in the Art of Writing – Saying Goodbye To Your ‘I Suck’ Voice - April 10, 2017
- Why A Wellness Retreat Is Essential For Your Sanity - April 1, 2017
- Bullet Journaling: Non-Digital Time Management For Better Self-Care - March 14, 2017