We got up close and personal with 9 Green Beauty Game Changers to Watch, and here’s what we found:
In recent years, the evolution of green beauty has taken off. Raising the standards of luxury beauty and natural beauty products, these green beauty game changers are taking clean cosmetics to a whole other level. Whatever you think you might know about natural and organic beauty products, think again; these brand founders are rewriting the entire beauty manual.
Maryna Kracht of MAHALO Skincare
Maryna is one of the sweetest people you will ever meet. Her sincere heart is clearly the driving force behind their stunning eco-friendly organic beauty brand. All Mahalo Skincare products are made with an immense amount of thought and care. Each product is packaged in stunning laser-etched bamboo encased glass containers for a 100% sustainable, consciously made skincare product that not only works, but also looks beautiful and has a positive impact on the planet, society and your skin. Her lovely line of products includes several balms and oils and face masks, many of which encourage self-love and acceptance. Each product is made by loving hands on the island of Kauai, Hawaii.
Unique Green Beauty Qualities of MAHALO Skincare:
- Organic Skincare Products Formulated with sustainable, fair-trade plant ingredients
- Eco-chic bamboo and glass packaging is 100% sustainable and eco-friendly
- Small batch products are handmade with care in Hawaii, USA
- Many limited edition products donate a portion of proceeds to charities
May Lindstrom of May Lindstrom SKIN
May is a stunning model-turned-entrepreneur who wants to encourage you to make time and space for reconnecting with yourself. Her philosophy behind all products is that beauty is a personal ritual in which you can set your intentions, relax and recharge, and indulge in some decadent beauty products. Each May Lindstrom SKIN product created is done so with these ideals in a very special way. Her products include such unique names as The Clean Dirt (a brightening powder cleanser activated by water into a mousse ), The Problem Solver (a face mask that will truly solve all your problems), and The Good Stuff (a shimmery body oil that smells like chocolate!). All products are handmade in May’s Los Angeles studio.
Unique Green Beauty Qualities of May Lindstrom SKIN:
- Products use natural and organic ingredients
- All products are packaged in eco-friendly dark violet glass to sustain potency and reduce plastic waste
- Small batch products are handmade in Los Angeles, USA
- Sustainable and Cruelty-free
Kirsten Kjaer Weis of Kjaer Weis Cosmetics
A celebrity makeup artist, Kirsten, noticed that all the women who sat down in her makeup chair seemed to experience some kind of skin reaction to their products. Troubled by the lasting effects of conventional cosmetics, she sought out a better way. After 8 long years of research and development, Kirsten created her stylish line of organic cosmetics that are ethically manufactured in France. All of the Kjaer Weis products come in heavy eco-friendly metal compacts embossed with KW. The products include flattering organic lip tints, cream blushes, cream foundation, and a selection of eye shadows. All products are available in refill form to minimize the environmental impact.
Unique Green Beauty Qualities of Kjaer Weis Cosmetics:
- Color cosmetics were specially designed by a celebrity makeup artist after 8 years of research and development
- All cosmetics are made with certified organic ingredients in France
- All products are packaged in eco-conscious, metal compacts to reduce waste
- Heavy metal compacts offer a stylish packaging option and can be refilled
- Sustainable and Cruelty-free
Svetlana Sanchez of Gressa Skin
Inspired by science, love and art, Svetlana used her own scientific background and a family tradition steeped in herbalism. Her line of minimal skincare and cosmetic products were created as a way to replace over-consumption with beautiful rituals that are simple and extraordinary. The lovely selection of Gressa Skin products includes an impressive serum foundation that functions as a light coverage for skin and a certified organic skin treatment. All products are formulated with natural and organic ingredients to work in synergy with skin.
Unique Green Beauty Qualities of Gressa Skin:
- Certified organic product formulas are sustainable and cruelty-free
- Eco-friendly glass packaging preserves ingredient potency
- Minimalist glamour cosmetics include potent skincare ingredients meant to improve skin over time
Diana Saltoun Goltsman of Nudus Lipsticks
Diana went on a journey to change the way the world experiences lipstick. She wanted something that made everyone who used it look and feel amazing so she spent 2 years perfecting a formula that went above and beyond in terms of ingredients and performance. Her line of organic lipsticks get their color from plant and flower powders and are blended with 27 active naturals and organic plant oils. All Nudus “Lip Euphoria” lipsticks are handmade in Australia.
Unique Green Beauty Qualities of Nudus Lipsticks:
- Stunning certified organic lipsticks are made with sustainable plant ingredients
- All lip colors are crafted using pigmented plant powders and nourishing plant oils
- 27 active naturals are included in lip formulas to improve lip health and condition
- Handmade in Australia
- Cruelty-free and Eco-friendly
Annie Tevelin of Skin Owl
After suffering from acne of her own, Annie Tevelin, a popular makeup artist, decided to study cosmetic chemistry in order to create products that truly worked. She created her line of Skin Owl skincare products to heal her own acne and help others struggling with the same issues. With a mission to deliver skin results overnight, Skin Owl was born and now offers a simplistic approach to healing your skin for good. Her line of simplistic beauty products includes a variety of serums and balms that are meant to transform your skin.
Unique Green Beauty Qualities of Skin Owl:
- All products use all natural and organic ingredients
- Small batch skincare products are sustainable and made in USA
- Simplistic skin formulas are more receptive to all skin types, including sensitive ones
Leah Klasovsky of Leahlani Skincare
Seeking a way to bring balance back into her own skin, Leah decided to attend holistic esthetician school in Maui. Inspired to help others discover their best skin, she set off to create a line of beauty products that would make people fall in love with their skincare ritual. Thus, Leahlani Skincare was born. With her beautiful line of handmade, organic skincare products, Leah seeks to bring each person who tries them a sense of serenity and bliss. Her island inspired products include wild crafted and organic plant oils and healing nectar to transport you to your own inner paradise and heal your skin.
Unique Green Beauty Qualities of Leahlani Skincare:
- All products use all natural, organic and wild-crafted ingredients
- Small batch skincare products are sustainable, cruelty-free, and made in USA
- Products utilize Hawaiian nectar sourced locally
Rose Marie Swift of RMS Beauty
After 35 years working as a makeup artist for magazines and luxury brands, Rose-Marie Swift began to experience health issues and discovered there were toxic levels of heavy metals in her bloodstream. It wasn’t until a medical technician asked her if she worked in the cosmetics industry that she began to question ingredients in the products she was using. After years of rebuilding her own health, she decided she wanted to help others experience healthy beauty so she created her own line of organic cosmetics: RMS Beauty. She now works on some of the most famous faces in the world using her healthy line of makeup products. Her product line includes a variety of minimal organic cream color cosmetics that can be used in a number of ways to achieve all the makeup looks you want. Rose-Marie continues to be an advocate for healthier beauty products and helping spread awareness about toxic chemicals found in everyday products and protecting others from their harm.
Unique Green Beauty Qualities of RMS Beauty:
- Simple certified organic formulas are non-GMO, gluten-free, soy-free, nano-free, and not tested on animals
- Cream color cosmetics created by a MUA with over 35 years experience working with celebrities, luxury brands, and magazines
- 100% biodegradable, recyclable or reusable packaging use glass and aluminum
Aja Frierson of Habit Cosmetics
Aja, a former fashion industry colorist, wanted to create beautiful nail polishes that were naturally formulated and improved nail health in a sustainable way so she created Habit Cosmetics. Habit Cosmetics launched in 2013 and features an eco chic line of on-trend nail polishes that include myrrh extract in the formula to improve nail health over time. All the polishes are 5-Free (no toluene, formaldehyde, formaldehyde resin, dibutyl phthalate, and camphor), cruelty-free and vegan. Her products are all packaged in beautiful glass bottles with bamboo over caps to minimize plastic use. The name Habit is a reference to all the costumes (habits) we choose to wear every day and the role of cosmetics within them. As she says, “we are our habits. Let’s make them good ones.”
Unique Green Beauty Qualities of Habit Cosmetics:
- Naturally formulated 5-free nail polishes
- Polish formula includes myrrh extract to help fight nail fungus, strengthen nails, and improve overall nail health over time
- Color selection is based on current trends and styles
- Vegan and Cruelty-free formula
- Nail polishes are packaged in glass bottles with a bamboo over cap to minimize plastic use
There are so many green beauty brands out there these days that it’s hard to tell them apart, but these green beauty game changers are really doing something special. Whether using their knowledge as a makeup artist to create intuitive and flattering organic cosmetics or creating truly unique and sustainable skincare products, these brand founders are innovating beauty in a whole new way.
- 5 Organic Makeup Picks for Getting A Radiant, Dewy Glow - April 30, 2016
- 9 Green Beauty Game Changers Setting The Organic Skin Care Stage - April 30, 2016
- 5 Cool Ways to Renew & Reinvent Yourself for Spring - April 22, 2016