Sleep In The Trees
There are some truly lovely places to rest in this lodge: you can choose from the elegant Canyon Rooms, with their vaulted ceilings and furnished patios; the Creekside Studios, which boast pull out sofas in the lounge and balconies with canyon views; the two-level, two bedroomed Cottages, which are perfect for families or groups of friends – or my favourite: the Treehouse.
Tucked into the treetops high above the canyon, this three-bathroom, 1,600-square-foot suite is the perfect place for a romantic honeymoon, a family holiday, or even better: truly immersing yourself and your loved ones in nature.
You’ll awaken to the sweet sounds of birdsong from your wraparound deck. Walk barefoot into your full gourmet kitchen to enjoy the breakfast of your dreams, and gaze out at the sunrise from your floor-to-ceiling windows. As with all the rooms at the Ranch, you’ll find fine fabrics and furnishings adorning your accommodation; they beautifully compliment the board-and-batten walls, hand-carved furniture, and carefully selected pieces of artwork by Laguna artists.
All rooms in the hotel feature large walk-in showers and dual vanities, mini refrigerators, microwaves, and robes, but once again, this very special treehouse has another unique feature – namely, a Treehouse Gazebo for entertaining, or for simply meditating on nature as you drink in the incredible peace and tranquility that surrounds you.
To be honest, simply staying in your room here is relaxing enough, but to ensure every single stressor melts from your mind, The Ranch at Laguna Beach offers many wellness options, including:
- A spa and wellness center
- Outdoor heated saline pool and hot tub
- 24-hour fitness center
- Sustainably operated, nine-hole golf course
- Seven miles of sandy beaches you can explore by kayak or stand-up paddleboard
- Hiking or mountain biking on scenic canyon trails
- After sundown, enjoy cocktails and music around a crackling fire and enjoy exceptional SoCal stargazing.
The Ranch at Laguna Beach is truly designed to encourage you to get healthier through exercise, nutrition and de-stressing pampering.
After engaging in some light (or heavy!) outdoor exercise, why not head to the Sycamore Spa? It offers several wonderful treatments, including Beach Recovery, for example, which promises a full-body restoration experience beginning with foot exfoliation and re-hydration, followed by the application of a full-body aloe vera elixir, seaweed facial mask, finished off with a coconut oil scalp massage. Dreamy!
- California Dreaming at the Ranch at Laguna Beach - May 17, 2019
- Lakes By Yoo: Intuitive A-List Wellness In The English Countryside - May 20, 2017
- 3 A-Rated Getaways Under One Epic Yoga Umbrella - May 4, 2017