Courtesy of Recipe by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Cook time: 2 hours
- Total time: 2 hours 15 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings
- 1 pound Dried Blackbeans, Soaked And Cooked Until Tender
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 whole Large Onion, Diced
- 2 whole Chipotle Peppers In Adobo Sauce, Diced
- 4 cloves Garlic, Minced
- 2 whole Chicken Breast, Diced
- 1 tablespoon Smoke Paprika, Optional
- 2 tablespoons Chili Powder
- 1 tablespoon Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Oregano
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 teaspoon Granulated Garlic
- 1 tablespoon Adobo Sauce, From Peppers
- 12 ounces Pumpkin Ale (I ❤ Blue Moon Harvest Pumpkin Ale)
- 3 cups Chicken Stock
- 2 whole Sweet Potatoes, Peeled And Cubed In Bite Size Pieces
- 1 whole Yellow Bell Pepper, Diced
- 1/2 bunch Cilantro, Chopped
- 1 1/2 cups Greek Yogurt Or Sour Cream, For Garnish
- 2 cups Monterey Jack Cheese, Shredded
- n a large stock pot saute onion in olive oil over medium-high heat until starting to caramelize.
- Add garlic and chipotle peppers and saute until fragrant.
- Add chicken and all of the seasonings including adobo sauce and sea salt. Saute for 4 minutes.
- Pour in beer and chicken stock. Scrape any brown bits off the bottom of the pan.
- Add sweet potatoes, black beans and bell pepper.
- Bring to a simmer, cover and turn heat to low.
- Cook for at least 2 hours or place into a crock pot for 8 hrs.
- Add cilantro and serve.
- Garnish with greek yogurt and cheese.
[wpurp-searchable-recipe]Chipotle Chicken Sweet Potato Pumpkin Ale Chili – – – [/wpurp-searchable-recipe]