The perfect mushroom soup. I’ve been on the hunt for years for the tastiest, easiest, and most nutritious mushroom soup. Finally, this recipe surfaced from Chiva-Som International Healing Center. They are now on my bucket list of resorts with spa cuisine to experience in person. But for now, this delicious soup reminds me of that commitment. Mushrooms must be exposed to heat to release their many nutritious components including protein, Vitamin C, potassium, and iron. Some varieties also include the antioxidant selenium. The specific combination of mushrooms in this recipe provide a symphony of nutrients and tastes. But coconut is the key that melds them together so expertly.
Nutrients Per Serving
Kilocalories: 139.81 kcal
Protein: 3.39 g
Carbohydrate: 12.19 g
Total Fat: 10.07 g
- 400ml vegetable stock
- 200ml coconut milk
- 3 tbs galangal, peeled and finely julienne sliced
- 3 tbs lemongrass, finely sliced diagonally
- 2 leaves kaffir lime leaves, shredded
- 3 pcs bird’s eye chilli, pressed
- 60g oyster mushrooms, peeled or trimmed
- 80g straw mushrooms, peeled and cut into wedges
- 60g wood ear mushrooms, peeled or trimmed
- 60g fresh shiitake mushrooms, trimmed
- 4 tbs miso paste
- 2 tbs lime juice
- coriander leaves
- In a soup pan, bring the vegetable stock and coconut milk to the boil.
- Add galangal, lemongrass, kaffir lime leaves and bird’s eye chilli.
- Simmer for several minutes. Then add the mushrooms and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and season with miso paste and lime juice.
- To serve, garnish with coriander leaves.
Recipe courtesy of Chiva-Som
Latest posts by Shanon Hoffman (see all)
- Sun-Safe Must-Dos: Treat Your Skin With Respect Inside and Out - February 22, 2017
- The Schumann Resonance: Feeling The Earth’s Healing Vibrations - December 26, 2016