Mu Shu With Twice Cooked Tofu + Wild Rice Crepes, From The Canyon Ranch Executive Chef Scott Uehlein.
Makes 6 servings
1/4 cup low-sodium tamari sauce
1/4 cup honey
2 tbs. sherry
1 tsp. five spice powder
2 tsp. minced ginger root
16 ounces hard tofu, cut into six 1/2-inch pieces
1 tbs. canola oil
6 wild rice crepes (see recipe below)
1 1/2 cup thinly sliced carrots
1 cup chopped scallions
1 cup sliced red onion
3 cups shredded Napa cabbage
1 cup bean sprouts
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. black pepper
6 tbs. hoisin sauce
1. Combine tamari, honey, sherry, five spice powder, and ginger in a bowl and mix well. Add tofu and marinate several hours or overnight in refrigerator.
*2. Prepare rice crepes and set aside.
3. Remove tofu from marinade and cut each piece in half. Reserve marinade. Heat canola oil in a large saute pan over medium. Saute tofu until golden brown on each side. Return to marinade while cooking vegetables.
4. Lightly spray a wok or large saute pan with canola oil. Stir-fry carrots, scallions, onions, cabbage, and bean sprouts until tender, but still crisp. Season with salt and pepper. Remove tofu from marinade and saute briefly again to warm.
5. Spread 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce over each rice crepe. Top with 3/4 cup stir-fry vegetables and 2 pieces tofu.
Fold in half.
*Wild Rice Crepes:
1/2 cup rice flour
2 1/2 tbs. cornstarch
2 1/2 tbs. potato starch
1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/2 tbs. canola oil
1/3 cup water
1/2 cup cooked wild rice
1. Mix all ingredients in a large bowl and allow to rest for 30 minutes. Batter should be the consistency of heavy cream.
2. Heat a crepe pan over medium heat and lightly spray with canola oil. Measure 1/4 cup batter into pan and turn pan to quickly distribute to edges. Cook until edges begin to turn golden brown. Loosen edges and flip crepe. Cook second side for 10 to 20 seconds.
3. If making crepes ahead of time, layer with parchment paper or paper towels.
Latest posts by Healing Lifestyles & Spas Team (see all)
- Healing Deep Inside The Rainforest - August 11, 2017
- Dr. Wayne Dyer Opens Up About His Film, His Life - July 18, 2017
- Sweat It Out! Far Infrared Saunas Combat Loads Of Ailments - July 3, 2017