Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Ingredients For Chive Crusted Fish
For the breading:
- 2 cups whole wheat breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 – 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/2 – 1 cup grated Parmesan or Asiago cheese
- 1 – 2 teaspoons Red Robin Seasoning
- Several fresh sprigs of tarragon & chives and a few oregano leaves or sprigs of dill
For the fish:
- A bunch of fish fillets (allow 1/4 lb or so per person)
- Red Robin Seasoning (or salt) & freshly ground pepper
- All purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 425 F. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a food processor or handi chopper, blend all the breading ingredients together until the herbs are finely chopped and everything is well mixed.
- Now, take the fish fillets and season them lightly with Red Robin Seasoning & pepper, then dredge in flour. Let the fish set for 10 – 15 minutes or until the flour is sort of absorbed and the fish are just slightly sticky to the touch.
- Put about 1/2 cup of the breadcrumb mixture on a plate or flat bowl that fits the size of the fish, then dredge the fish in the breadcrumbs. Add more of the crumb mixture if needed to bread all your fish. Set the fish back on the baking sheet, spray with cooking spray and bake for about 7 – 10 minutes or until the fish is perfectly flaky and tender.
- Serve immediately, garnished with chive flowers if you like.
There is enough breading here to make LOTS of fish. Use just a small amount of crumbs in the bowl you are breading fish in, and then if you have leftover crumbs (that haven’t touched the raw fish), store them in a container in the freezer for a super-fast meal idea. This same approach can also be used on chicken.
Recipe courtesy of Sumptuous Spoonfuls
Latest posts by Shanon Hoffman (see all)
- Sun-Safe Must-Dos: Treat Your Skin With Respect Inside and Out - February 22, 2017
- The Schumann Resonance: Feeling The Earth’s Healing Vibrations - December 26, 2016