60-Minute DIY Caribbean Facial – St. Bart’s Style!
By Kayleigh Kulp
Would getting an in-villa facial in St. Bart’s, a luxurious, beautiful French Caribbean island feel like a dreamy way to spend a vacay?
We think so! But you don’t need to leave home. A Caribbean facial experience is not out of reach if you know where to look, and if you don’t mind staying put in your own paradise. Here’s how to do it in 60 minutes:
• Rub a gentle coconut milk cleanser, which is soothing and packed with antioxidants, in circular motions on your face and neck to remove makeup and dirt. Remove with a cotton pad or a moist sponge.
• Apply an alcohol-free spritzing toner with aloe, berry or mango extract, tea tree oil, lavender oil and/or rosehip oil – all of which have PH balancing, antibacterial, soothing and astringent properties.
• Massage your face with avocado oil, which is excellent for dry skin. When absorbed, it makes soluble collagen for skin softening and is rich in vitamins A and E.
• Use an exfoliator with lemon, papaya, apricot or essential orange oil to remove dead cells on moist skin. Use your fingertips to massage in circular motions. Pay special attention to the forehead, chin and nose, while carefully avoiding the eyes. Don’t forget your neck! Rinse the fragrant scrub with water and pat dry.
• Give your ears a little TLC with peppermint essential oil. It will feel so good as you take in the therapeutic, minty aromatherapy while relaxing nerves.
• Finish your facial with a fruity cream to match your skin type, such as the Ligne St. Barth’s Crème au Beurre de Mangue (mango butter cream enriched) for normal to dry skin. It is non-comedogenic, fruity and non-greasy.