Recipe courtesy of Miraval Resorts
Makes: 1 serving
Total Fat: 3.5 g
Carbohydrate: 34 g
Dietary Fiber: 3 g
Protein: 9 g
- 2 large eggs
- ½ tsp. Miraval Oil Blend or canola oil
- 1 tsp. finely chopped red onion
- 1 Tbsp. chopped red bell pepper
- 1 Tbsp. chopped asparagus
- ¼ c. baby spinach, rinsed and spun dry
- 1 Tbsp. Basic Lentils
- 1 tsp. freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano Salt, optional
- Freshly ground black pepper, optional
- 1 Tbsp. Miraval Salsa, optional
- 1 Tbsp. Roasted Green Chili Sauce, optional
- Whisk the eggs in a small bowl until frothy. Set aside.
- Heat a small skillet over medium-high heat. Add the oil and when hot, add the onion and cook, stirring, for 15 seconds. Add the asparagus and bell pepper, and cook, stirring, for 15 seconds. Add the spinach and stir well. Add the lentils and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Reduce the heat to low. Add the eggs and cook undisturbed until they start to set and pull away from the sides of the pan, 45 seconds to 1 minute.
- Using a rubber spatula, gently pull the eggs away from the sides of the pan and tip the pan to allow the uncooked eggs to run underneath. Cook the eggs to desired doneness, 4 to 6 minutes. Carefully slip a spatula under the eggs, flip onto the other side, and cook for 15 seconds.
- Place a plate over the pan and invert the pan, releasing the omelet onto the plate. Top the omelet with the cheese. Add salt, pepper, and salsas, as desired. Serve immediately.
[wpurp-searchable-recipe]Cactus Flower Omelet – – – [/wpurp-searchable-recipe]