Courtesy of Food Renegade
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 stalks of celery, diced (optional)
- 1 Tbsp butter from pastured cows
- 8 cups of chicken broth (or vegetable broth)
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger (fresh if you have it)
- 1 tsp soy sauce (unpasteurized and unrefined)
- 1/4 tsp sesame oil
- salt to taste
- 3 Tbsp arrowroot powder (or corn starch) + 3 Tbsp water
- 6 eggs from pastured hens
- Dice onions and celery. Melt butter over medium heat.
- Saute onions & celery over low heat until they turn soft. Stir in broth.
- Add ginger, soy sauce, and sesame oil. Bring to a boil. Add salt to taste.
- Mix arrowroot powder or cornstarch with water until smooth. Pour into soup and cook until thickened.
- Whisk your eggs together and pour intermittently into soup. For beautiful, ribbony eggs be SURE to do this step AFTER the soup is already thickened!
- Voila! The soup is done. Enjoy!