Its getting hot out there, and although we still like a little bit of sweet, we don’t like the oven. We also don’t like the calories that come with a lot of desserts, especially frozen ones. Enter: No Bake Energy Balls …
So we turned to the web to find the best no bake energy balls to deliver our 5 favorites. Each with a different flavor focus.
Almond Butter: We love the No Bake Chocolate Energy Bites from Cooking Classy. With flaxseed meal, raw coconut and almond butter, they are nutritious and deeply satisfying.
Dates: These banana/date balls are one of my daughter’s favorite dessert alternatives. Reminiscent of banana bread, yet gluten and dairy free and sweetened exclusively with dates.
Cocoa Powder: If chocolate is your thing, these bites will surely satisfy. Plus they are loaded with non-sugar crashing ingredients like coconut, almonds and dates and aptly named Almond Joy Energy Bites.
Coffee: After my own heart, this no-bake option includes oats, flaxseeds, almond butter, nuts, coffee and chocolate chips. Breakfast anyone?
Coconut: From one of my favorite healthy cookbooks, Everyday Detox (Ten Speed Press, 2015), the no-bake chocolate macaroons are divine. I make these for girls’ nights in and anytime I just need a little sweet.
No-Bake Chocolate Macaroons
2 cups shredded unsweetened coconut
1/2 cup raw cacao powder
1/2 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup raw almond butter
1/4 tsp. sea salt
1. Line a plate with parchment paper.
2. Place all of the ingredients in a large mixing bowl and stir well to combine, until a sticky dough has formed.
3. Use a tablespoon to scoop the dough, then drop by mounds onto the prepared plate. Use your fingers to shape the cookies, if necessary, and repeat with the remaining dough.
4. Place in the freezer to set for at least 1 hour, then serve chilled. Store in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 2 months. Makes 20 pieces.
- Thank you Blissful Britt For Our Feature Image!
With her love of health and writing, Melissa has written for such publications as Shape, Natural Solutions, Yoga Journal, Self and Pilates Style, and has created recipes and food-oriented stories for such publications as Delicious Living and Cooking Light.
Latest posts by Melissa, Editorial Director (see all)
- 6 ‘Hero’ Products Raising The Beauty Bar To New Heights - February 24, 2017
- 7 Natural Remedies From Tea – Without Taking A Single Sip - February 8, 2017
- Your #1 Household Cleaner May Be Polluting Your Home - February 7, 2017