Green Tea Ice Cream Recipe
- Matcha green tea powder is NOT the same green tea that you drink at home or at Japanese restaurants. So you can’t grind the regular green tea to make matcha. It is made from shade-grown tea leaves and used for Japanese tea ceremony and wagashi (Japanese confectioneries).
14.5 oz. Coconut Milk
1 Tbsp. Arrowroot
4 oz. Tofutti (vegan cream cheese)
1.25 C Organic Sugar
3 Tbsp. Matcha Powder
1 tsp. Spirulina
- In a medium sauce pot, combine the sugar, and coconut milk and bring to a simmer.
- Whisk in the arrowroot until combined and mixture thickens.
- Whisk in the matcha and spirulina and strain through a chinois.
- Puree the Tofutti and banana in a blender processor until smooth.
- Slowly add the hot mixture to the blender while pureeing until combined.
- Cool and spin in ice cream machine according to instructions.
2 ½ C GF AP Flour
2 C Organic Sugar
½ tsp. Baking Soda
1 C Vegan Shortening
4-6 Tbsp. Water
2 tsp. Vanilla
- Mix the flour, sugar, and baking soda in a kitchen aid bowl until evenly combined.
- On medium speed, add the shortening a little at a time until combined.
- Add the vanilla and then enough water so that a dough forms.
- Roll out to ¼” thickness and cut into rounds.
- Place the cut dough onto a parchment or silpat lined sheet pan and reroll dough until all used.
- Sprinkle a little more sugar on each cookie.
Refrigerate the sheet pan for an hour and bake in a 325 degree oven for about 10-14 minutes or until golden brown on the edges.
Courtesy of our friends at Mii amo