Quinoa Pilaf Bowl Ala Mii amo
1 C Quinoa, rain bow or any color
¼ C Yellow Onion, small diced
2 tsp. Grape Seed or Olive Oil
1 oz. Lemon Juice
3 Tbsp. Herbs
2 C Stock or Water
- Heat the oil in a medium sauce pot on medium high heat.
- Sweat the onions in the oil until and add the stock or water.
- When liquid comes to a boil add the quinoa.
- Return to a simmer, cover and cook until au sec.
- Season with lemon, herbs, salt and pepper.
1 Q Fresh Orange Juice
1 C Sugar
2 Tbsp. Coriander
Salt to taste
- Place the juice, sugar and coriander in a pot and bring to a simmer on medium high heat.
- Slowly reduce on low heat by about 50%.
- Strain through a fine mesh strainer and season with salt.
Tofu and Vegetables
6 oz. Tofu, large diced
½ C Cauliflower Florets
½ Avocado, large diced
½ C Snap Peas, trimmed
½ C Zucchini, large diced
1 Tbsp. Grape Seed Oil
2 Tbsp. Orange Reduction (see recipe above)
1 C Vegetable Stock, split
Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large sauté pan, heat the oil on medium high heat.
- Sauté the tofu and cauliflower in the pan until they start to turn golden.
- Add half of the stock and simmer until cauliflower has softened and stock has evaporated.
- Add the remaining vegetables and the remaining stock and repeat.
- Once stock has evaporated again, season with orange reduction, salt and pepper.
- Serve over quinoa pilaf.
Recipe Courtesy of our friends at Mii amo Spa
- Mii amo is a world-class destination that defies the imagination. A place like no other. It is a spa getaway where holistic rejuvenation is an inspired, transformative event. Set within the soaring red rock backdrop of Sedona, Arizona, Mii amo is surrounded by awe-inspiring, surreal natural beauty and endless spiritual healing. Come embrace the bliss of customized, all-inclusive packages featuring exclusive, private accommodations, two spa treatments daily and delicious, healthy culinary delights. From fitness and nutrition counseling, to glorious spa treatments and Native American inspired therapies, this is more than special. This is your reawakening.
Latest posts by Shanon Hoffman (see all)
- Sun-Safe Must-Dos: Treat Your Skin With Respect Inside and Out - February 22, 2017
- The Schumann Resonance: Feeling The Earth’s Healing Vibrations - December 26, 2016