Recipe courtesy of Sumptuous Spoonfuls
- A large block of feta cheese, cut into cubes
- Sundried tomatoes, chopped (in oil or in a bag, doesn’t matter)
- Whole cloves of garlic
- Fresh sprigs of rosemary plus other fresh herbs as desired
- Dried red pepper flakes
- Italian seasoning
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Get some small wide-mouthed jars. Cut up the feta into 1/2 inch cubes. Chop up some sundried tomatoes into small bits.
- Peel the garlic cloves and smash them with the side of your knife to release the flavor. Place a clove of garlic in each jar. Cover the bottom of the jar with a single layer of cheese cubes. Add a sprig or two of rosemary, a sprinkle of sundried tomatoes and a basil leaf (or other fresh herb) plus 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning. Sprinkle lightly with red pepper flakes.
- Add another layer of cheese cubes. Sprinkle again with a few herbs and the pepper flakes if desired. Once the jar is full of cheese cubes, pour olive oil over to fill the jar. Cover and let sit at room temperature for 2 – 3 hours to let the flavors blend, then put the jars in the fridge.
Prep time will naturally vary depending on how many jars you are making! But it really is quite quick and simple to put together.
MAKE SURE TO STORE THE JARS IN THE FRIDGE!- and tell your gift recipients the same.
[wpurp-searchable-recipe]Rosemary Garlic Marinated Feta Cheese – – – [/wpurp-searchable-recipe]