- 3 each Sweet Potatoes, medium size
- 1 tsp. Salt
- ¼ tsp. Nutmeg
- 2 T. Gruyere cheese, shredded
- 1 each Egg
- ¾ c. Flour, all purpose
- ½ c. Whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp. Olive oil
- Bake sweet potatoes until fork tender
- When potatoes are baked, cut in half and scoop center out of potatoes into a mixing bowl.
- Then add salt, nutmeg, and cheese to semi cooled potatoes.
- Mash potatoes with potato masher or hand mixer.
- Then mix in the egg and ¾ cup of the all-purpose flour.
- Knead the dough, adding the whole wheat flour 1 tablespoon at a time.
- Knead the dough until smooth.
- Dough will be slightly sticky.
- Put on a medium pot of boiling water.
- Let the dough rest for about five minutes.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal pieces.
- On a lightly floured surface, using the palms of your hands, roll the 6 pieces out into ropes, keeping them at least an inch thick.
- Then cut the ropes into 1 inch thick pieces, about 8 per rope.
- Place gnocchi in boiling water, and cook until tender. Be sure to stir around a little bit, so gnocchi does not stick to each other.
- Then place strained gnocchi on baking sheet. Repeat until all gnocchi is cooked.
- Heat large sauté pan with olive oil.
- Once pan is hot, sauté the gnocchi until heated through and the gnocchi turn a light brown color.
- Serve with your favorite sauce.
Number of Servings: 8
Serving Size: About ½ cup
Recipe courtesy of H3Daily