We are big, huge fans of turmeric at Healing Lifestyles & Spas!
Turmeric, the golden spice prominent in yellow curry powder, may help prevent age-related cognitive decline. Regions of India that have the highest regular consumption of turmeric also interestingly have the lowest rates of Alzheimer’s disease. This has gained the attention of researchers in the U.S. and abroad at prominent universities and research institutions where they are looking into the anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and other properties in turmeric that may play a role in protecting brain health.
This is a sweet, healthy and cooling beverage that also helps reduce inflammation! This recipe was inspired by Jesse Lane Wellness who suggested a combination of mango, ginger, turmeric and coconut. We added pineapple and replaced the water with coconut milk. Enjoy!
In a blender combine:
- 1 tsp. turmeric (fresh grated)
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. ginger (fresh grated)
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/2 cup frozen pineapple chunks
- 1/2 cup frozen mango chunks
- 1 banana
Optional: 1 cup coconut ice cream (this makes this more of a shake than a smoothie)
Enjoy! Smoothie serves two.
– More about Jane Lane Wellness –
- Food has incredible and almost magical healing powers
- Eating healthy whole foods can be easy, fun and most of all delicious
- Health imbalances are a wake-up call that can positively change your life if you choose to listen
I’m Jesse Lane Lee, BSc, CNP, and I help positive and vibrant individuals like you unlock the incredible healing power of food and reclaim your health. I’ll create a unique wellness program for you that will transform your life so you can feel amazing and bursting with energy. I have several cookbooks that will teach your all about healthy eating and give you lots of yummy recipes to get you started.
So. let’s get started!
With her love of health and writing, Melissa has written for such publications as Shape, Natural Solutions, Yoga Journal, Self and Pilates Style, and has created recipes and food-oriented stories for such publications as Delicious Living and Cooking Light.
Latest posts by Melissa, Editorial Director (see all)
- 6 ‘Hero’ Products Raising The Beauty Bar To New Heights - February 24, 2017
- 7 Natural Remedies From Tea – Without Taking A Single Sip - February 8, 2017
- Your #1 Household Cleaner May Be Polluting Your Home - February 7, 2017