Some of these daily wellness steps you may already do, some may be new to you. Either way, this is a really good jump start to living your life with more holistic intentions.
And all of the steps are low maintenance with a high holistic yield for your body!
- Start your day with a glass of lemon water! Lemon is full of vitamin C & helps boost your immune system. Adding lemon to your water also helps balance your pH by alkalizing your body. Fresh lemon speeds up digestion and can help to relieve constipation.
- Don’t ever skip breakfast. Breakfast is the most imporant meal of the day as it sets the stage for the rest of the day. If you skip out on breakfast your body goes into starvation mode and you will find yourself craving carbs and sweets the rest of the day. Start your day with a protein smoothie, eggs & greens or a bowl of oatmeal topped with fresh fruit and nuts.
- Move your body every single day! Exercise staves off weight gain, increases energy and lowers depression. It also helps to reduce aniexty. Exercising increases blood flow and provides the body and blood with more oxygen leaving you feeling happy and vibrant. Walk, bike, run, dance, anything that gets your feet moving and your heart pumping is crucial to your well-being.
- Alkalize your body. Things like coffee, sugar, soda and alcohol can be acidifying to the body. Drink a fresh green juice or green smoothie regularly to alkalize your system. Leafy greens are highly alkaline and help bring the body back to a pH balanced state. This is extremly helpful when the body is overly acidic from too much sugar or partying a little too hard. Matcha green tea is a fanastic alternative to coffee. It is high in atioxidants, contains cancer fighting catechins, boosts energy levels and contains high amounts of l-theanine which enhances your mood by increasing seratonin levels.
- Relax & unwind. Take a detoxifying epsom salt bath with 10 drops of pure lavender essential oil to relax the body, relieve muscle tension and reduce stress. Lavender oil triggers brain reactions that promote relaxation.
- Sleep! Aim for 7-8 hours of sleep per night. Try your best to get to bed before midnight. That way, your body will go through a full rem sleep cycle and you will wake feeling rested and renewed!
Latest posts by kristin Dahl (see all)
- Understanding & Naturally Curbing Your Food Cravings - December 2, 2016
- Creating Your Holistic Routine With 6 Simple Daily Steps - December 1, 2016