By Melissa Williams
If you’ve been diagnosed with low-iron, or if you’re feeling a bit sluggish, try changing your diet before turning to a supplement. (And talk to your doctor first!) Vegetarians no need to worry; there are plenty of ways to get iron in your diet. Women need 18 mg every day, men need 8… Here are a few tips on getting your iron:
- Cook in a cast iron pan. This is your next go-to step. Cooking in a cast iron pan increases your iron content without changing anything about the actual food you’re eating. Plus its easy to clean, and food has a bit more flavor.
- Green up. Add more greens to your diet with a green smoothie for breakfast. Maybe a wilted spinach salad for dinner. Make it a goal to get through 2 cups of greens a day!
- Lean beef. Beef is rich in iron, but don’t go overboard.
- Clams. Clams provide a hefty dose of iron. So enjoy!
- Pumpkin and squash seeds contain iron – so enjoy the seasonal produce!
And here is a resource for top 10 iron-rich foods to get yourself ironed up!
Latest posts by Healing Lifestyles & Spas Team (see all)
- 10TH Annual Earth Day Beauty Awards Registration - January 24, 2019
- Healing Lifestyles 9th Annual Earth Day Beauty Awards – 2018 - April 21, 2018
- This is What Skincare Should Look Like in Your 40s & 50s - April 21, 2018