Ahh, the feeling you have after a decadent spa visit when you spa at home
Soft, supple skin, a healthy glow, and a refreshed, positive outlook. Although nothing really compares to leaving the work to the professionals, the popularity of the spa experience has led to the creation of several indulgent home spa products, enabling you to recreate some of the tempting treats you’ve experienced at spas nationwide. Taking time for yourself is one of the best things you can do to restore, rejuvenate, and heal. Here is an at-home spa ritual you can recreate anytime you’d like. If you don’t have the time to do it all at once, savor it over the next several days, it’s like a mini spa vacation!
Set the mood: Choose at least an hour of time during your day where you won’t be distracted by work or the needs of your family. Light some candles and find some reading material if you think you will like something to do while your treatments set. (You will need to be in the bathroom, so grab plenty of towels and lock the door.)
- To stimulate your circulation, use a loofah or a long-handled brush to dry brush your body. Your strokes should move toward your heart in long, fluid motions.
- Take a nice warm shower to dampen your skin, wash your hair, and relax your mind and body. Towel-dry your body and hair and put on your robe.
- Liberally apply Abba Creme-Masque Conditioning Treatment (or another deep conditioning hair masque) to clean, damp hair. This treatment restores moisture to dry, damaged, or color-treated hair.
- While your hair masque sets, apply B.Kamins Bio-Maple Diatomamus Earth Masque to your damp face and neck with your fingertips; use a gentle circular motion and avoid your eye area. This hydrating masque, created from diatomamus earth, is rich in minerals.
- Time to relax. Spend the next ten minutes savoring the peace and quiet of your home spa experience. Take another warm shower, rinse the hair masque completely from your hair and gently remove the face masque with a washcloth.
- While showering, liberally apply the AuraCacia Nourishing Body Polish (the Tangerine and Grapefruit blend is refreshing and awakening, while Lavender is relaxing), concentrating on any rough spots on your heels, elbows, and knees. The organic sugar cane will remove dull skin, while the creamy shea butter and coconut oil will leave your skin smooth.
- When you’re finished showering, apply two drops of Wen Fig Oil to your damp skin. The oil will soften your skin; it can even be used on dry hair to add shine and moisture. End your treatment with a cup of tea or water and take a deep breath. When you’re finished, be sure to mark your calendar for your next at-home spa appointment.