Stress is something most of us can identify with on a daily basis. When is the last time you said you were too busy or that you didn’t have time to do something because you were so stressed out? One of the best tools to combat daily stress is the LET GO List.
Create a Let Go List
A Let Go List has saved me multiple times on my journey to self-love and happiness. A Let Go List is kind of like a gratitude list, but instead of listing out what you are thankful for, you list what you want to let go of. I refer to my Let Go List daily. This has helped me maintain a recovered life free of drugs and depression. I also do this at the start of every New Year and the results are powerful.
Your list could include people, habits, beliefs, or situations you want to release. A Let Go List is something to carry with you when you are feeling stuck or stressed out.
It could be as simple as asking yourself, “What is no longer serving me? What do I need to let go of today?” This is what I ask myself daily, and it helps me maintain balance and an attachment-free life. Feeling out of control causes our stress, and because we want certainty, we create stress to give us a sense of control. To create your Let Go List, ask yourself how much stress you are carrying around.
Becoming more grounded and happy starts with letting go of worry and stress. I learned this in my own journey. In the process, I had to let go of a lot of things to become the person I am today.
The Let Go List comes in handy when you want to become a healthier version of who you are today. If you are stuck in a depression, or feel trapped in an addiction, it may feel like the world is caving in on you. You can pull out of this emotional state by going deeper inward and releasing what no longer serves you. You do this in the Let Go List.
Physically, spiritually, and emotionally, I had to learn how to let go of the person I thought I should be in order to be the person I really wanted to be. Letting go of anything in life can be a little scary, but it can also be an amazing act of self-love.
Letting go of your worries and stress will make a difference for you future. Trust me, your future self will thank you, and you will find that the stresses you feel for these situations will disappear in the process. Take time to create a list for yourself. What are you ready to let go of?
I created a go‑to list of things you might want to let go of. Create your own list, but you can use this one to get you started. Please allow this list to help.
Ten Things to Let Go of in Order to Reach Unlimited Happiness
1. Let go of all thoughts that don’t make you feel empowered and strong.
2. Let go of feeling guilty for doing what you truly want to do.
3. Let go of the fear of the unknown; take one small step and watch the path reveal itself.
4. Let go of regrets; at one point in your life, that “whatever” was exactly what you wanted and needed.
5. Let go of worrying; worrying is like praying to receive what you don’t want.
6. Let go of blaming anyone for anything; be accountable for your own life. If you don’t like something, you have two choices: Accept it or change it.
7. Let go of thinking you are damaged; you matter, and the world needs you just as you are.
8. Let go of thinking your dreams are not important; always follow your heart.
9. Let go of being the “go‑to person” for everyone, all the time; stop blowing yourself off and take care of you first . . . because you matter.
10. Let go of thinking everyone else is happier, more successful, or better off than you. You are right where you need to be. Your journey is unfolding perfectly for you.
Try it out today. What are you ready to let go off?
Check out these tips in the author’s new book Adventures for Your Soul.
Photo Free People Blog